Shahvand Palace, Which is now called Green Palace is one of the most beautiful Palaces ...
Shahvand Palace which is now called Green Palace is one of the most beautiful palaces in Iran. This palace is located in a higher ground in the north west of SaadAbad. Formerly this building belonged to someone called “AliKhan” who was one of the big land owners and later it was bought by Reza Shah.
During 1923-1929 Reza Shah renovated and redecorated this building by an architect called” Mirza Jafar Memar Bashi”.
The outside view is covered by rare pearl green stones from Zanjan province hence it was called Green Palace. This palace is a two story building in an area of 1203 square meters.
The most interesting part of this palace is the mirror hall with a made to measure carpet of seventy square meters, woven in the famouse Amoughli carpet workshop in Mashhad.